SEARCH MY BLOG

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Star Wars: The Clone Wars "Brothers" Review.

Warning: Spoilers.


Thoughts: When I heard that Darth Maul was coming back I was shocked! I did not know what to think of it, so I had high expectations for the episode but I was also very hesitant. One of the things that I noticed when the episode started was the red colored The Clone Wars Logo, I liked it since this episode is about the villians. I know I am going to get some backlash from liking this episode but I really, really liked it. I knew that Maul was going to be crazy but I did not expect him to be like this. He was a lot like Gollum/Smeagol with his crazy babbling rant, I was expecting him to say "My PRECIOUS!!!!". I really how Maul had these spider legs and was truly insane. Sam Witwer as Darth Maul was excellent. The only thing about the episode I did not like as much was Anakin and Ahsoka just happened to go to the dinner. I like both characters but I did not think they were necessary. Also I know that some will not like the slightly slower plot progression in the episode but I really did not mind it much. I usually like action packed episodes but this was actually worked for me in this episode. I really liked the look of the junk planet. It reminded me of  Raxus Prime from the Force Unleashed video game. The snake guy was not as annoying as I expected him to be after I first heard his voice. And the last part of the episode with Yoda and Obi-Wan was a nice touch. Also I was wondering why Ventress was still with the bounty hunter in the bar at the end of the episode since it looked like she was going to leaving. I liked the episode a lot even though I know that just about everyone else is going to hate. 


The Good: Darth Maul is back and better than I expected him to be, Excellent voice acting, Savage Opress was awesome,


The Bad:






Plot: 10/10- The plot is were this episode shined. The pacing was a little slow I can forgive that since the pay off at the end was very rewarding.


Action: 8.0/10- Unlike the past few episodes this one was not action packed, although the battle between Savage Opress and the junkers was very cool but brief.

Acting: 10/10- Sam Witwer knocked it out of the ballpark as Maul! And Savage Opress' voice actor was also excellent.


Art Style: 10/10- The look of the planet was fantastic. The dust effects were really good, The Clone Wars team keep steping it up every episode.

Overall: 8.8/10- I loved it but I know that just about everyone else is going to hate it.

Closing Comments: This episode did every thing that was advertised. It brought Maul back and set up well for the next episode.

Click on the link below for some second opinions of this episode. If you have reviewed it leave a comment and let us know so I add the link to it below. I would appreciate if you would do the same.

Brothers Review by Savanna 
Brothers Review by Solace Utara
"Brothers" Review by Shena Tokala



If you want to contact us or have any question please send an e-mail to johnstarslayer@gmail.com.

3 comments:

  1. Great review! I enjoyed the episode as well; it wasn't my favorite but it was enjoyable. I also liked the snake.
    I wrote a review of the episode on my blog and added yours as a link. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking my blog!!! And I'm glad you enjoyed it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Shena Tokala: Thanks for adding the link, I added your link to my review.

    @Solace Utara: Your wlecome. :)

    -James

    ReplyDelete

One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...