SEARCH MY BLOG

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Avengers News!

Recently there has been a lot of Avengers news that has been released for its many related films including: Thor: The Dark World official synopsis, Ant-Man movie release date, and new member in The Avengers sequel.

First off, Edgar Wright's Ant-Man will be released November 6, 2015. I am actually glad that it will release after The Avengers 2, so he will not be in the next Avengers. Because there should not be too many heroes in one movie, it would possibly lose the balance of screen time. I am still surprised that he will be getting a movie yet I am glad. 

Now the character Ms. Marvel (currently under the name "Captain Marvel"), could be introduced in the Guardians of the Galaxy or Captain America: The Winter Soldier considering her SHIELD background. She is probably the best character that could be added to the Avengers because Ms. Marvel is a powerhouse of sorts, not quite as powerful as Thor but could easily hold her own in a fight. Her general powers are:
superhuman strength, endurance, stamina, flight, physical durability, a limited precognitive "sixth sense", and a perfectly amalgamated human/Kree physiology that rendered her resistant to most toxins and poisons, with the added effect of making her body virtually invulnerable and indestructible.
However, I am not a fan of the actresses that are up for the role. There is a video below with more details about and I mostly agree with her opinion for the choice in the role.
 
 
 
 
 
 
The plot synopsis below does not give away any real spoilers but so far I am very much excited to see the film. Hopefully it will live up to the high standards set by the first Thor movie.
 
Marvel’s Thor: The Dark World continues the big-screen adventures of Thor, the Mighty Avenger, as he battles to save Earth and all the Nine Realms from a shadowy enemy that predates the universe itself. In the aftermath of Marvel’s Thor and Marvel’s The Avengers, Thor fights to restore order across the cosmos...but an ancient race led by the vengeful Malekith returns to plunge the universe back into darkness. Faced with an enemy that even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand, Thor must embark on his most perilous and personal journey yet, one that will reunite him with Jane Foster and force him to sacrifice everything to save us all.
Starring Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Tom Hiddleston, Stellan SkarsgĂ„rd, Idris Elba, Christopher Eccleston, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Kat Dennings, Ray Stevenson, Zachary Levi, Tadanobu Asano and Jaimie Alexander with Rene Russo and Anthony Hopkins as Odin, Thor: The Dark World is directed by Alan Taylor, produced by Kevin Feige, from a story by Don Payne (credit not final) and screenplay by Christopher Yost and Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely (credit not final) and is based on Marvel’s classic Super Hero Thor, who first appeared in the comic book “Journey into Mystery “ #83 in August, 1962.
Thor: The Dark World is presented by Marvel Studios. The executive producers are Louis D’Esposito, Alan Fine, Stan Lee, Victoria Alonso, Craig Kyle and Nigel Gostelow. The film releases November 8, 2013, and is distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.
 
What do you think of these updates? Please comment below.
 
 
 
If you want to contact us or have any question please send an e-mail to johnstarslayer@gmail.com.

7 comments:

  1. I think that Ms. Marvel will be a nice addition to The Avengers, though I'm not too fond of the actress choices, either. I would like to see Ant-Man, too, but I'm okay with him having his own movie. I definitely think he's an interesting character.

    I am so, so excited to see Thor 2. I really loved the first film, because it had a very Sci-Fi feel, unlike the other superhero films, and I loved the way that it was set up, jumping back and forth from Asgard to Earth. I hope that they are able to make the sequel both "personal" (as they stated) and plot-heavy, and not just action-packed. I think that Thor, out of everyone, has one of the most emotional stories (save maybe Cap), because of the constant battle with Loki.

    It's also going to be weird to see the Ninth Doctor playing the bad guy...

    All in all, good news! Thanks for posting.

    Alexandra~

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be interesting to see new characters come into the Avengers. In a way, I'm excited, but I'm also kind of disappointed because the last couple Avenger superheroes were so good and perfect. I don't want anything to spoil that.

    I can't wait for Thor 2 to come out! AH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for Thor 2!!!
    I hope he works out a way to get back to earth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Sacrafice everything to save us" So is Thor going to die? If he doesn't this means he's losing one of his girlfriends (I think they referred to SIf that way) again. Emotional death scene and huge revenge fight comin' up!
    Frankly, Ms. Marvel seems a tad overpowered (think Superman) I guess the one she's in will have a smaller group to defend the earth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For the Ant-Man movie release, I agree- too many heroes in one film would be too much.

    For the new character- Ms. Marvel(Captain Marvel) seems really awesome!! Yay, a new girl superhero! :D I hope they get a good actress for her, though. She has the potential to be really epic :D.

    The Thor 2 synopsis- WOW! That sounds so incredibly awesome. I love the idea of an ancient evil that predates the universe- great, creepy stuff. Sounds like it will be very exciting and awesome! :D I can't wait to see it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Alexandra Lanc: Glad we agree. I wonder if Hank Pym/Ant-Man will make an appearance in Captain America 2 in the background as a sicenctis, that would be interesting.

    I loved the first Thor too, for those reasons. Hopefully it will keep the same heart that the first one had.
    I know, I'll be thinking "The Doctor has traveled to ASgard?"
    Thanks for the long comment.

    @Helen: I kind of want new character because of the comics and to mix things up a little so not to rehash the old story. :)

    @Vellvin: Since he has the Tesseract, there shouldn't be an issue going back to Earth. :)

    @JT: I agree, it will probably be Sif, might add a "love triangle" between her and Jane like in the comics.
    The description I have of the character is not entirely accurate, therea remany different versions of the character but it would probably take a few paragraphs. Think half as strong as Iron Man but can absorb cosmic energy. The Hulk would crush her like he did Loki.

    @Shena Tokala: I definitely think you would like her. :D She is awesome in The Avengers TV series.
    The Dark Elves should be an interesting foe! :)

    -James

    ReplyDelete

One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...