SEARCH MY BLOG

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Best Halloween Movies

Happy Halloween everyone! Since today is Halloween here are some great movies to watch today. Earlier this week I posted some Halloween related movie reviews, which I will have links to below. This is not really a "Best Of" list, it is more just good movies to watch if you are like myself and just do not understand why so many people like supposed "Horror Classics". Also I have just read that there will be another Star Wars film made! And it is a official statement, and I still cannot believe that is happening. As Han Solo said "I'm out of it for a little while, everybody gets delusions of grandeur." Be sure to check back tomorrow for the Two Towers Book Vs. Movie post tomorrow. One more thing, sorry if I have not replied to comments recently, my flu has gotten worse and I have not been on the computer much. But thank you everyone for your comments and best wishes.




Psycho
Alfred Hitchcock's horror, suspense, mystery thriller, classic Psycho. Hitchcock virtually invented the "Slasher" genre with Psycho and I have yet to see a better "Horror" movie than Psycho. As I said in my review yesterday, it is suspenseful, and full of shocking plot twists. Definitely a must see if you are a classic film fan. I wonder what Hitchcock would think today of all the terrible rip-offs of his classic film. Also there is a movie coming out named "Hitchcock", which a bio-pic of him making the classic Psycho, however the trailer completely spoils the major plot twist of the movie, I would not recommend watching the trailer until after watching the movie.


Jaws
One of Steve Speilberg best, Jaws revolutionized the film making with the "Jaws Effect". Were the camera only shows some of the creature to create mystery and terror, which at the time it was considered a very scary movie. Although it loses suspense upon multiple viewings, and is much more of an adventure thriller than anything else, Jaws is still a fantastic movie that is another must see for film fans. If you have yet to see Jaws you are missing out on a classic. And how can we forget John Willaims' iconic soundtrack, which is what makes Jaws truly suspenseful.



Ghostbusters
While Ghostbusters is not in anyway a "Horror" movie, it is about capturing ghosts. Ghostbusters is just a really fun movie, easily one of the best comedies I have seen. It is packed with so many quotable lines and clever dialogue it is hard not to recommend.
Ghostbusters Review.


Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Invasion of the Body Snatchers, more specifically the 1978 version with Donald Sutherland. Although I have not the seen the original, this version is smart, thrilling and a little creepy. While Invasion of the Body Snatchers is not quite in the same caliber of film as the movies listed above, if you like sci-fi thrillers it is definitely recommended. Note: This is not for the younger audience, although at the time was rated "PG" it would definitely earn an "R" rating today.

Harry Potter Saga
While it is far from anything that resembles horror, there are some Halloween type elements in the series. As a whole the Harry Potter series is one of the best. Although I was not really fan until the last four, they were awesome. The final installment "The Deathly Hallows Part 2" is one of my all-time favorite movies. Definitely check out the series if you do not have any problem with the "magic".
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Review.
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Review.
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Review.
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix Review.
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Review.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 Review
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 Review
Do you like any of these movies? What are your favorite Halloween films? Please comment below. 



If you want to contact us or have any question please send an e-mail to johnstarslayer@gmail.com.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Halloween!!! :D
    I agree, I don't like the whole 'Horror film' genre either.
    I love Harry Potter and I agree, they definitely have a Halloween feel to them.
    Sorry to hear that your flu has gotten worse. I hope it goes away soon and that you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Halloween!

    I'm not a horror fan either, really. I like the classic horror films, but that's different...

    My favorite Halloween film is of course "The Nightmare Before Christmas" (arguably a Christmas film too, but I love both Holidays, so we can pair them). I love all of these films too, though. :)

    And God, another Star Wars? I'm excited...but scared. I didn't really like 1-3 all that much, honestly. I'm afraid they might botch it.

    Hope you're cold goes away quickly!

    Alexandra~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Jaws.

    My favorite horror films are Evil Dead, The Howling and Halloween!

    I love Halloween as it is the most realistic of the trio and John Carpenter made the movie on a shoestring budget.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...