SEARCH MY BLOG

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Most Accurate Meme Ever: Firefly Addiction.

Over the past month I have been binge watching Joss Whedon's Firefly and I have to say: the show is pure awesomeness and so was the film Serenity! I am now a Browncoat and a big fan of everything about Firefly. Are there any other fans of Firefly reading right now? Hopefully there are and even if not, I have a five part review/discussion about Firefly, its characters and the feature film that concluded the story, most of which will be spoiler-free. I am not sure when I will post it, probably when you vote for it for "Reader's Choice." Also the picture is the most true meme ever, nearly 11 hours of bliss and a lifetime of withdrawal. I watched the series with my brother because we love sci-fi and know we carry on conversations in Firefly quotes, no joke. As requested by Jake P. I am working on a post about possible villains for the Man of Steel sequel, however that is proving to be more difficult than I had anticipated. In other news, I have reached 95 follows! So thanks everyone for the support.
Here are the upcoming posts:
Monday: Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street Review (guest post by Jamie)
Tuesday: The Lego Movie Trailer Review
Wednesday: Comments: Embedded or Popout
Thursday: Top 100 Movies Final Part.
 
 Sorry everyone for the short post, since it is Sunday I decided to do this instead of trivia.
 
If you want to contact us or have any questions please send an e-mail to johnstarslayer@gmail.com.

13 comments:

  1. I'd been wanting to watch Firefly for years, ever since I plowed my way through all Buffy and Angel episodes in about a couple of months (see, unemployment is useful sometimes!)

    It was only recently in which I'd sat down to watch the only series, urged on by my boyfriend. I'd only got through about half n hour of the first episode, and seen bits of Serenity, but not much else after that.

    I have to say though, the show is BLOODY AWESOME. It's gutting it got cancelled so quickly, but there seems to be such a loyal, loving fanbase of the show, so its not too bad. I've bookmarked the comics to start reading too, which look pretty bad ass!

    Glad to see another Brown Coat around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, another browncoat! :D Firefly/Serenity totally rocks! It's amazing! :D I'm so glad you liked it :D. Looking forward to your reviews of it :D.
    Sorry for not commenting, I was at camp all of last week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw below that you'd been in the hospital. I'm sorry about that and I'm glad you're okay. How are you feeling?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with everything stated here and cannot wait until you do the posts about Firefly!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love Firefly! I even have a little metal tag attached to my keychain that says "shiny" on it just to remind me of Mal & Co whenever I pull my keys out.

    There are some really great graphic novels about the characters to help you with your withdrawal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Cherokee: BLOODY AWESOME is the perfect description! I hate it so much that it was cancelled. I need to read the comics need, that is on my to do list.

    Thanks for commenting!

    @Shena Tokala: Thank you for recommending Firefly! I loved it so much! :D Thanks for asking, I don't feel like I am going to die anymore, but I still feel lousy.

    @Alana: Thank you! Firefly are on their way, I am writing part 4 right now. :D

    @Hamlette: That is shiny! I need one of those.

    I have heard about them, I really want to read the one about Book.

    -James

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am testing posting comments on your page.

    Also this meme is gold

    ReplyDelete
  9. It worked! By golly it worked! Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Jordan! Awesome! So glad it worked!

    -James

    ReplyDelete
  11. The GN about Book was quite good, answered a lot of questions that the series never did. Also raised more, in typical Joss fashion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely have to read it then. Ah, it was written by Whedon's brother I believe.

      -James

      Delete
    2. Could be -- I know Zach wrote some of them.

      Delete

One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...