SEARCH MY BLOG

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Top 100 Movies Updated.

Since starting my list of Top 100 Movies, I have seen several films that I believe should now make the list, as well as two new blog pages for my entire list which you click on above. Below are the new additions to the list starting in with the highest ranking to the lowest on my new updated list. After two and a half years, my Top 100 Movie list is finally complete and a big thanks to everyone for commenting and making it one of my most popular post series yet.
Many of the films on my original list have changed position and others have dropped off the list. Next week I will post a complete list of Honorable Mentions. Since this list was so popular, I have another project in the works, my Top 25 Fictional TV Shows, however that may take a while just as this Top 100 Movies list did. Something else that I might start would be a Top 10 Favorite Book List.
Note: This is the first that I have gotten the comment section on the pages to actually work, or at least I believe it works, please inform me if there are any problems with it.
 
 
 
At Number 19: Serenity
Serenity is the follow-up to Joss Whedon's incredibly awesome TV series Firefly. It had almost everything that made the TV show amazing, but amped it up to theater quality production. Browncoats like myself will be waiting for that second season of Firefly, and we may never get to see it. It is a ruttin' shame that Serenity failed at the box office, although its failure paved the way for Whedon making The Avengers, so it was not a complete loose.
 
 
At Number 42: Man of Steel
Even though my initial rating was far too high a rating, I nevertheless enjoyed Man of Steel of plenty to include it this high on the list. Man of Steel may have lacked in several key areas, but it finally brought Superman back to the big screen in, more or less, epic fashion. After I watch it again I will probably enjoy it less and alter its spot on the list, however that this time, this is where I want on my list.
Man of Steel Review: Part 1.
Man of Steel Review: Part 2.
 
 
At Number 71: Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog
During my original posting of this list I was unsure as to whether or not Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog should be considered a film, but it did not air on TV originally and it contains a standard three act narrative, therefore I consider it a film. It is an impressive feat for me to enjoy any musicals, but leave it to the great Joss Whedon, King of the Nerd, to make a musicals that even I enjoy. Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog is hilarious, loaded with great songs, and ends perfectly, cannot wait for Whedon's upcoming sequel!
 
At Number 78: Wreck-It Ralph
Wreck-It Ralph is one of those rare animated films that really worked for me. The characters were likeable, there some hilarious jokes, and a ton of geeky video game references. Despite a few flaws, Wreck-It Ralph is my favorite family animated film, and should go down as a classic of the genre.
Wreck-It Ralph Review.
 
At Number 87: Alien
"In space no one can hear you scream." Although I do not believe it to be "scary" as some say, I did find it suspenseful with a unique atmosphere. Watching Prometheus before watching Alien probably made me enjoy Alien more, and because I watched Alien, I enjoyed the even more awesome sequel, Aliens. 

At Number 88: The Maltese Falcon
Did Humphrey Bogart even make bad movies after Maltese Falcon? Bogart is the best at playing the role of a detective and he is superb as Sam Spade. Although the ending does not entirely make sense, the rest of the mystery is intriguing and deserves it status as a mystery classic.

 
 
At Number 93: Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker (uncut edition)
Another one of Bruce Timm's underrated animated films, Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker merges Batman: the Animated Series and Batman Beyond into a high quality Batman film. Mark Hamill is fantastic as the and Kevin Conroy is the definitive voice of Batman. The original uncut edition is surprisingly dark and finally gives Mark Hamill's Joker a chance to kill people for the first time. Also, similar to Mask of the Phantasm, Return of the Joker is a surprisingly strong mystery, albeit not nearly as amazing as Mask of the Phantasm.
 
 
At Number 100: Monty Python and the Holy Grail
After reconsidering my opinion on Monty Python and the Holy Grail, I have decided that it does deserve a spot on my Top 100 as one of the best comedies. The satire is hilarious, and the Black Knight battle is pure hilarity! Monty Python and the Holy Grail is absurd, hilarious, and an all around fun movie to watch.
 
At the end of every month that I have seen new films that would make my Top 100, I will make a post about said film and update the list
  
 
 
If you want to contact us or have any questions please send an e-mail to johnstarslayer@gmail.com.

7 comments:

  1. I like Alien and Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker. Great additions to your list.

    B2B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks B2B! Return of the Joker is very underrated.

      -James

      Delete
  2. I think those other post ideas would be great! :D Looking forward to them. And I love the additions to your list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D Hopefully I can get the next lists up soon.

      -James

      Delete
  3. Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker is a personal favorite, nice addition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bruce Timm's work is all too often under watched and underrated.

      -James

      Delete
  4. Superb site you have here but I was wondering if you knew of any user discussion forums that cover the same topics discussed here? I'd really love to be a part of online community where I can get advice from other knowledgeable people that share the same interest.

    ReplyDelete

One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...