SEARCH MY BLOG

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug Early Reviews are Positive

Brace yourselves, The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug is coming! My most anticipated film of the year is coming to theaters in less than a week! From the early reviews, Desolation of Smaug is going to be better than An Unexpected Journey, and it receiving more positive reviews for its faster pace and other factors. As before, the film will be screened in 48 frames-per-second in a few select theaters, and unlike the negative response An Unexpected Journey received for its high-frame-rate, The Desolation of Smaug is said to be improved in that area. In preparation for Desolation of Smaug, I purchased and watched the Extended Edition of the Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and I will have my review of that up on Friday. 
Since finals are this week, one of my best friends and guest writer on the blog, Jamie, will have a couple of guest posts on Wednesday and Thursday. Also remember, if you have written a review of The Hunger Games: Catching Fire and would like to have me link to it in tomorrow post, please remember to comment with a link and a brief summary or quote from the review so that I can include it.
Here is the upcoming posting schedule:
Monday: Reader Reviews: Catching Fire
Tuesday: Hunger Games: Catching Fire Review
Wednesday: Jamie's Guest Post 1
Thursday: Jamie's Guest Post 2
Friday: Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey: Extended Edition Review

Below are various Hobbit posters, one of which is not even in English, but it does look cool.











If you want to contact us or have any questions please send an e-mail to johnstarslayer@gmail.com.

12 comments:

  1. I agree, I can't wait for The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug!! :D Very, very excited, since it's my most anticipated film of the year! :D Glad to hear it's getting good reviews- hopefully I can see it soon :).
    Looking forward to your posting schedule, especially your review of Catching Fire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope the movie does not disappoint and I doubt it will! :D

      -James

      Delete
  2. Yay, I'm so glad DoS is shaping up to be better than the first! I just watched the Unexpected Journey EE last night, so I'm looking forward to your opinion on it, and your opinion on Catching Fire.

    And, that Bard poster is kinda awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like the movie is going to be great.

      Yes, that Bard post most definitely is awesome!

      -James

      Delete
  3. Really looking forward to this, early reviews being so positive really encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I almost surprised that the reviews are so positive actually.

      -James

      Delete
  4. Awesome! I knew it! Side note: I would love to have any of those posters, except the ones w/ elves. The one w/ Legolas and Tauriel looks like a particularly bad job of cgi in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you about the Elf posters. They do not look as well done as the others like the Bard, which is kind of awesome.

      -James

      Delete
  5. Cannot wait! This is also my most anticipated film of the year! I cannot wait to see Mirkwood! I'm really hoping Tauriel is a good character even if she is not from the books. And seeing Smaug and hearing his voice and just, well, everything again! Middle Earth! :D I'll have to have a quick skim over the book before I see this, when do you think it'll end?
    God Bless,
    Vellvin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to seeing her in the film as well. I agree, I can't wait to see everything again, the movie is going to be great!

      -James

      Delete
  6. What a coincidence. A hero of the ZSRDF has created a human alliance to rival that of the Fellowship of the Ring.

    ReplyDelete

One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...