SEARCH MY BLOG

Saturday, December 21, 2013

How To Train Your Dragon 2 Trailer!


The trailer for How To Train Your Dragon 2 is finally here! Yet another impressive trailer this week. The first How to Train Your Dragon is an underrated animated classic in my book that featured a surprisingly mature tone and a unique fantasy setting, and this sequel looks even better. The animation looks great as expected, and the scale is epic. My biggest problem with the trailer is Jay Baruchel's voice as Hiccup still sounds like first movie, in that he sounds like a 13 or 14 year old, and not a late teen. Cate Blanchett plays Hiccup's "mother" that knows how to control the dragons, which is cool. Even though the movie does look a little a darker, it is definitely still a family film because of the goofy humor, which I suppose is not a bad thing. The large battle scene looks cool. Hopefully the creators will not be held back the PG rating and actually produce an epic battle scene that can compare to other great animated fantasy epics like Princess Mononoke. With The Lego Movie, Big Hero 6, and this, 2014 is sharing up to be an amazing year for animation and that is not even including Japanese animation that is coming. What did you think of the trailer? Please comment below and before you go, my friend Jordan at RATH'S REVIEWS is hosting a poll where you vote for your Top 3 Movies of 2013 so Click here to take the survey if you haven't already.

Side Note: Unfortunately, I was not able to go see The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug as planned due to unfortunate events (nothing too serious), but I will hopefully be able to see it after Christmas.

Below is a review of the trailer by Grace Randolph from Beyond the Trailer, one of my favorite YouTube channels.




If you want to contact us or have any questions please send an e-mail to johnstarslayer@gmail.com.

15 comments:

  1. I fell like How to Train You Dragon is at the very top of animated movies that I really need to see. Everyone talks so highly about it. I'll have to give it a try before I go see this one!

    Also, agreed with you about Jay's voice. He has a very distinct voice tone and it really didn't seem to match that character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You haven't seen it? Well, you should definitely give it a shot. It is far from perfect, but it is easily DreamWorks best film.

      Jay's normal voice, which is a little deeper, would probably fit the character the better, but he seriously sounds the exact same as he did in the first movie.

      -James

      Delete
  2. I agree, it looks like it's going to be a great sequel to an awesome movie! :D Definitely going to see it when it comes out next year :). I also agree on the voice- it should be a bit deeper, since he's older and his voice would have most likely changed by then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably won't watch it in theaters, but that would be a lot of fun. :D Exactly! He should sound different and I really hope he sounds a little different in the actual movie.

      -James

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks for good wishes. Thins are relatively OK, it is just complicated.

      -James

      Delete
  4. this sure does look good i liked the first film and i hope this one lives up to expectations and i do agree about his voice i suppose it cant be helped though
    oh and by the way i finally finished my blog and hope to start using it before or after christmas pleas tell me what you think of the design anyways here it is
    http://behindmybigscreen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems everyone agrees that Jay's voice is the weakest point of the trailer. Hopefully it will be better in the movie.
      I will have to go check out your blog. Glad to see you have it up and running now.

      -James

      Delete
  5. Everyone that's seen How To Train Your Dragon just raves about it, I really need to sit down and watch it someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coming from someone that does not normally like animated family flicks, I enjoyed it a lot. I think you would enjoy it for the most part as well.

      -James

      Delete
  6. I still haven't watched the trailer, I've been avoiding it and I probably will still avoid it till we get closer to the film's release date. But that doesn't mean I'm not excited!! I'm super excited!! I hope it, at least, holds up to the first one! :)

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  7. How to Train Your Dragon is actually one of best animated films in recent years. And, I didn't know that it was underrated. As far as I see, it has been the talk in the internet. Looking forward to this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends on who you ask as to if it is underrated. It lost best Animated Feature to Toy Story 3 at the Academy Awards, and not as many people have seen it as some of Pixar's films. Thanks for the comment Arvin!

      -James

      Delete

One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...