SEARCH MY BLOG

Friday, April 25, 2014

Captain America Watches Sherlock?

In the opening scene of Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Cap refers to his notebook of various things that we needs to catch-up on since being defrosted and, in the UK version, Sherlock is listed as the TV show that he wants to watch. However, each of the 10 regions actually have a different version of his list, most of which are listed below. In addition to Sherlock, the UK version has Sean Connery and the Beatles, which is cool. From what I understand, the UK got to vote for what would make the list and Sherlock and Sean Connery were two of the winners. The Australian version had Steve Irwin and AC/DC, which is interesting. Tony probably recommended AC/DC to Cap though, considering that "Shoot to Thrill" is entrance song (that was joke). On the American version at least, Cap appears to have already seen Star Wars, which is not surprising since he is owned by Disney. And I like his choice of music in the French version with Daft Punk. Also, Thai Food, Star Wars/Trek, Nirvana (Band), Rocky (Rocky II?), and Troubleman (Soundtrack) seem to be on every version of the list, so I will just list the top part that is different. I am interested to see what is on the Japanese version of the list; however, because the film has just been released there this week, I have not been able to find the Japanese version of the list. If anyone can find a picture, or happens to know what is on it, please let me know. To make it easier to read, I have what is on each list and what country it is from above each picture. Without further ado, here are the lists.

Note: Due to the massive amount of spam comments, comments on this post have been disabled.

UK:
TV Show - Sherlock
Moon Landing
The Beatles
World Cup Final (1966)
Sean Connery

US:
I Love Lucy
Moon Landing
Berlin Wall (Up + Down)
Steve Jobs (Apple)
Disco

Australia:
AC/DC
Space Travel
Steve Irwin
Skippy the Bush Kangaroo
Tim Tams

Brazil:
Ayrton Senna
Wagner Moura
Xuxa
Mamonas Assassinas
Chaves

Korea:
Dance Dance Revolution
Ji-Sung Park
Oldboy
2002 World Cup
Disco

Spain:
Rafa Nadal
Chupa Chups
Héroes del Silencio
1978 Constitution
Camilo José Cela

Latin America:
Chilean Miners
Maradona's Hand of God
Shakira
Neri Vela (1st Mexican Astronaut)
Octavio Pax (Nobel Winner)


Italy:
World Cup Championship
Vasco Rossi
Berlin Wall up + down
Roberto Benigni
Ferrari's victories at F1 Grand Prix

Russia:
Yuri Gagarin
Vladamir Vystoskiy
Soviet Union Dissolution - 1991
Moscow doesn't believe in tears
Disco

Germany:
Currywurst (a food dish)
Moon Landing
Berlin Wall up + down
Oktoberfest
Disco
There is no screencap for this one.


What do you think of Cap's various To-Do Lists? What pop-culture things would recommend for someone that has been on ice for the last 80+ years? Please comment below and let me know.


If you want to contact us or have any questions please send an e-mail to johnstarslayer@gmail.com.

7 comments:

  1. I've seen the American list, and I think it's really cool that they included various pop culture interests for Captain America to watch(I especially think it's cool that it is different for each country). I would recommend he try out, besides Star Wars and Sherlock, the Star Wars EU, the Lord of the Rings books/films(since I checked and it looked like it came out in the 50s), Harry Potter, Doctor Who, and other stories like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great picks! LOTR is an especially must read/watch since it was released right after Cap was put on ice. And Doctor Who of course is great. I believe it was just behind Sherlock in votes. :)

      -James

      Delete
  2. Thanks for this, I've heard the lists were different but I've not gotten such a good look at them until now! I think this actually smart idea as it makes Captain "America" more relatable in a nation outside of America! LOL

    I personally love that I Love Lucy and Sherlock are two tv shows from America and the UK they decided Steve should watch! LOL

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked the post! Yep, it is fun seeing all of the region differences, especially when they relate to pop culture type things. :)

      Agreed, great picks!

      -James

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. What are Tim Tams? I have never heard of it.

      -James

      Delete
    2. They're "Australia's Favorite Cookie" according to their packaging :-D They're a rectangular cookie a little smaller than a playing card, with two layers of shortbread-ish cookie, a filling, and then covered entirely in chocolate. They are fantastic when dipped in coffee. You can get them at Target around Christmas sometimes here in the US, but I have a friend in Australia who brings me a couple packages every time she visits. Ohhhhhh, how I wish I had one right now! They have several flavors, like caramel and white chocolate, but milk chocolate are my favorites.

      Delete
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...