SEARCH MY BLOG

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Martin Freeman Cast in Captain America: Civil War

Martin Freeman from Sherlock and The Hobbit has been cast in Captain America: Civil War, the upcoming Captain America film that takes place in the aftermath of Age of Ultron. According to IGN.com, Martin Freeman might be playing "Everett K. Ross, a U.S. State Department official and expert on all matters related to Wakanda." Wakanda is the fictional African country that the Black Panther is from in the comics, and Black Panther will be introduced in Civil War. Therefore, one would assume that Freeman will play a role in Panther's movie as well. However, other rumors have speculated that Freeman might even play Uncle Ben, the uncle of Peter Parker, aka Spider-Man (not that everyone did not already know this). Of course, both of these are just rumors, but what has been essentially confirmed is that Freeman will play a part in the MCU, and as a fan of the actor, that is never a bad thing. If Cumberbatch would officially sign onto the role of Doctor Strange, we might just have yet another Cumberbatch/Freeman team up, haha. Either way, I am excited to see who he plays. Maybe, Freeman will be like Coulson to Black Panther's character, which could be interesting. 

Please note that I am still trying to go see Age of Ultron, but there have been some complications in my personal life delaying my viewing of it. However, I hope to finally see it tonight or at least by the end of the week.
Source: IGN.com

If you want to contact us or have any questions please send an e-mail to johnstarslayer@gmail.com.

8 comments:

  1. I am super excited about this! Freeman is a fantastic, nuanced actor, and I can't wait to find out who he'll be playing.

    Best of luck getting to see AOU! I'm really hoping to see it a second time next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? You are spoiling the movie too you little shrimp!? And yes, I did call you short. Guess what, I've already seen the movie!

      -James

      Delete
    2. You saw the movie...AWESOME. You know what is even more awesome. Your review of the movie of course.

      Love,
      Ed.

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh I could hear Martin's voice when I read the lines in the comic clip! I think it would be cool if Martin AND Benedict were involved in the Marvel movies. SO MANY CROSS FICTION FAN ART. XD

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very excited about this!!! :D I wonder who he will play.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very fascinating turn of events. I am curious to see what character he plays.

    ReplyDelete

One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...