SEARCH MY BLOG

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

The Jungle Book Teaser Trailer Review


The Jungle Book, yet another live-action telling of a classic story by Disney, and from the trailer, this appears to be a darker take on the story. While many of their latest retellings have been alright, The Jungle Book's cast is what makes me intrigued. Just look at cast listing: Bill Murray, Ben Kingsley, Idris Elba, Lupita Nyong'o, Scarlett Johansson, and Christopher Walken! And Iron Man director, Jon Favreau, is behind the camera, so this is shaping up to have potential. My impressions from the trailer is that the voices for the animals seem a bit strange since Scarlett Johansson's voice sounds strangely disembodied as she narrates the trailer. It lacks the correct atmosphere and background sound to prevent it from sounding like she is speaking in a vacuum. Otherwise, the CGI looks surprisingly good for an early trailer. Much of the film's success likely hinges on the performance of child actor, Neel. Another possible issue is that Disney's recent trailers for these types of films give the false impression of a dark and serious take, while the final product is very much a family film.

Fascinately, another Jungle Book adaptation, Jungle Book: Origins, is set to release in 2017, and it is directed by Andy Serkis and stars Benedict Cumberbatch, Christian Bale, and Cate Blanchett to name a few. So, which will be the better? We will have to find out! What do you think? Please comment below and let me know.



If you want to contact us or have any questions please send an e-mail to johnstarslayer@gmail.com.

4 comments:

  1. I have so many conflictions.I'm glad this story is getting some attention, because it's one of Disney's films that I did see growing up and I loved it a lot. And Scarlett's playing Kaa?! That's kinda awesome! Hopefully the old movie will get more merch due to this movie. However the child actor makes me nervous: I hope he's really good. And I liked the animated film because it was kinda silly and childlike--a silly live-action film would not work, but I'm a little skeptical that a super serious one wouldn't work either. So I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FEEL. At least the CGI does look good! I guess I'll just wait and see. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another live (read CGI) reboot of a Disney film=meh. Finding out there are two of the same story, and both come with all-star casts? Interest level 3 stars

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting! I'm actually pretty interested, especially since the little boy playing Mowgli actually looks right (from what I can tell). Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to say something, but everyone else already said it. Have you checked out the trailer for the upcoming film "Krampus"? I think it looks really interesting. //www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6cVyoMH4QE

    ReplyDelete

One rule: No strong profanity. If you want to link to one of your posts, please do; I am always interested in other reviews and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...